Corporate social responsibility at BMM
It gives us a great pleasure to intimate your good- self that BMM Ispat ltd., Established a Steel Manufacturing Factory at Danapur village, 14 km from Hospet, since 13 years.
As a Responsible Corporate citizen we want give back to society in smaller way but BMM want to create an imprint and make people to remember BMM not only for making steel, but for our community development and Social Responsibilities towards Society.
As part of this initiative we are committed to develop Communities/Societies which are surrounding our factory premises we wanted to adopt some of the facilities which are basic in nature yet these initiatives will be basis for the entire human civilization and some of our initiatives are such as providing health, sanitation, education, providing employment, drinking water and on the whole improving living conditions of the society. Towards this direction BMM as a responsible citizen of India, adopted “Corporate Social Responsibility” (CSR) as one of our objective and continuing commitment to the Economic Development of the Society.
As per our commitment, we are already started below mentioned important programmes.
- Providing good health through our Sri Udaichand Singhi community health center covering 22 villages.
- BMMIL has set up a foundation called ANURAG-“REHABILITATION PROGRAM FOR A DISABLED CHILD” way back in 2008 in association with Sanjeevini Hospital, Bellary, Karnataka, to provide free treatment for “Club Foot Disease” in children.
- On need based we are conducting Health checkup & Eye checkup & surgery camps for surrounding public.
- Company has provided free ambulance facility to all nearby villages @ 24X7. Required Staff nurses, drivers with all first aid facility are provided in the ambulance.
- Every year conducting blood donation camp.
- Constructed New School Building for Children’s at Danapur.
- Distributions of note books are being done every year during May /June Month for all the Government schools of surrounding villages.
- Scholarships for poor students are being provided to help their higher education.
- Provided 3 School buses to surrounding villages for students for pickup & drop from their villages to Mariyammanahalli schools & collages.
- Every year supported education dept., for conducting cluster level & Taluk level sports.
- BMM Ispat Ltd., has extending its helping towards running the tailoring unit assisting the trainer’s salary every month and donated the tailoring machine for the Tungabhadra Resource Center, Mariyammanahalli.
- Tailoring machines distributed at Gunda thanda village’s poor skilled women’s.
RO DRINKING WATER PLANTS
- We are intending to provide safe drinking water facility to the community with the participation of Gramapanchayat & Pattana Panchayat Mariyammanahalli we were installed 5 Reverse Osmosis plants at G Nagalapura, Dananayakanakere, andMariyammanahalli 3 wards. 3 more RO Water plants planed at Gunda, Gunda Thanda & Mariyammanahalli 6th ward (SC colony). These RO Water plants handed over to Gramapanchayat for further maintenance.
RO DRINKING WATER SUPPLY IN SUMMER
- RO Drinking water is being supplied through Tankers for villagers during summer season.
- RO water is being catered to public through “Aravattige’s in three locations at nearby villages in summer seasons.
GO GREEN ENVIRONMENT
- With the support of our company Environment dept., every year distributed plants & saplings to surrounding schools in rainy seasons.
Installed solar systems at Gunda & Gunda thanda villages on need based.
Above programmers are regularly initiated by our company, apart from this some need based and demand driven community programmes are implementing every year like, temple renovation, Irrigation Chanel work, donation of Religious festivals, Mass marriages, donation for dramas. Donation for Hampi Utsav. Steel donated for Zoo renovation at Ballari. Soil-water conservation bund & pit works at forest area, name boards for police dept., donate for police sports etc.